[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Exim4

Barbara Johansen barbara at sprog.auc.dk
Tue Oct 8 11:20:00 CEST 2002

> Does somebody know a similar explanation as now in the docs for
> Exim3 for Exim4?

This is not an How-To but an How-we-do our exim.conf:
Our system: Mailman-2.0.13, Exim-4.05, SunOS 5.8, virtuel domains,

# In global section:

# Mailman opsaetning
MAILMAN_HOME=/pack/mailman
# user and group for Mailman
MAILMAN_UID=mailman
MAILMAN_GID=mailman

trusted_users = mailman

# In the router configuration part of exim.conf

# First 2 routers rewrite list-owner or owner-list to list-admin
# This is only done if the list exists.
# List existence checks are done by seeing if the file
# MAILMAN_HOME/$domain/lists/$local_part/config.db
# exists.

list_mailmanowner_router:
   driver = redirect
   qualify_preserve_domain
   local_part_suffix = "-owner"
   require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/$domain/lists/$local_part/config.db
   data = "${lc:$local_part}-admin@${domain}"

owner_mailmanlist_router:
   driver = redirect
   qualify_preserve_domain
   local_part_prefix = "owner-"
   require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/$domain/lists/$local_part/config.db
   data = "${lc:$local_part}-admin@${domain}"

##
## Next 3 routers routes admin, request and list mail to the appropriate
## transport.  List existence is checked as above.

list_admin_director:
   driver = accept
   local_part_suffix = -admin
   require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/$domain/lists/$local_part/config.db
   transport = list_admin_transport

list_request_director:
   driver = accept
   local_part_suffix = -request
   require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/$domain/lists/$local_part/config.db
   transport = list_request_transport

list_director:
   driver = accept
   require_files = MAILMAN_HOME/$domain/lists/$local_part/config.db
   transport = list_transport

# IN the transports section:

## Three transports for list mail, request mail and admin mail
## respectively

## Mailman is installed in MAILMAN_HOME/$domain/
## Mailman is configured to be invoked as user mailman
list_transport:
           driver = pipe
           command = MAILMAN_HOME/$domain/mail/wrapper post ${lc:$local_part}
           current_directory = MAILMAN_HOME/$domain
           home_directory = MAILMAN_HOME/$domain
           user = MAILMAN_UID
           group = MAILMAN_GID

list_request_transport:
           driver = pipe
           command = MAILMAN_HOME/$domain/mail/wrapper mailcmd ${lc:$local_part}
           current_directory = MAILMAN_HOME/$domain
           home_directory = MAILMAN_HOME/$domain
           user = MAILMAN_UID
           group = MAILMAN_GID

list_admin_transport:
           driver = pipe
           command = MAILMAN_HOME/$domain/mail/wrapper mailowner  ${lc:$local_part}
           current_directory = MAILMAN_HOME/$domain
           home_directory = MAILMAN_HOME/$domain
           user = MAILMAN_UID
           group = MAILMAN_GID

HTH