[Mailman-Users] qrunner lock

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Oct 7 16:47:52 CEST 2002

This one should be in the FAQ if it is not already.

This is normal in Mailman version 2.0.x which you are *probably* running
(you didn't tell us your version or really anything about your system -
shame on you!)

This version of Mailman uses a cron job to launch qrunner every minute -
but if qrunner is still running from the previous minute, then it will
not be able to acquire a lock and it will not launch a second incident
of qrunner.

Why is qrunner still running?  Well its delivering mail to folks on your
mailing lists. As your lists grow larger qrunner takes longer to run.

Jon Carnes