[Mailman-Users] Help

Ken Carson kenc at heavy.com
Tue Oct 1 20:26:45 CEST 2002

I have been using mailman with python, postfix and apache for about 1.5
years.  I am now getting these errors all the time:

Oct 01 14:16:02 2002 (7749) Delivery exception: bad marshal data
Oct 01 14:16:02 2002 (7749) Traceback (innermost last):
   File "/usr/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/HandlerAPI.py", line 82, in do_pipeline
     func(mlist, msg, msgdata)
   File "/usr/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py", line 159, in process
     hold_for_approval(mlist, msg, msgdata, NotExplicitlyAllowed)
   File "/usr/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py", line 218, in hold_for_approval
     mlist.HoldMessage(msg, reason, msgdata)
   File "/usr/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 145, in HoldMessage
     self.__opendb()
   File "/usr/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 69, in __opendb
     self.__db = marshal.load(fp)
ValueError: bad marshal data

I have rebuild the databases, and upgraded to the latest version.  I can't
really find any other info on this problem.  Lots of people have had it it
from what I can find in news groups, web sites, etc many different things
have fixed it.  Right now the largest mailing list we have is down and its
a huge probelm.  (we get about 300 requests from our members a day to this
list).

Anythng you can tell me would be helpful.

--
Ken Carson
Heavy