[Mailman-Developers] RE: [Mailman-Users] Re: Re: One Button Direct Subscription

Pankaj K Garg gargp at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 3 05:51:53 CEST 2002

Yes, indeed this is the situation I am also in. I have an application,
somewhat like SourceForge, where we embed Mailman as the list manager.
The user is already logged in to the main application, and we know
the user's email address, etc. So, its not very nice to have:
(1) separate passwords for each mailing list, and (2) require the user
to type in their identity and password for subscription, options editing,
and un-subscribe requests.

I'm in the process of changing some of the Cgi scripts and making a
few changes to Mailman 2.0.9 to remove these aspects for an already
authenticated user.

If others are interested, I can put a patch together with the latest
Mailman code.

Regards

Pankaj

P.S. I am resending this message to mailman-users as my previous reply
to the original message from Jim did not make it to this list. That reply
was cc'd to Jim, Will, and the mailman-developers list.