[Mailman-Users] Problem Approving Messages

Ken Carson kenc at heavy.com
Wed Oct 2 19:06:30 CEST 2002

I have been using mailman for a while now about 1 year or so.  I have never
had any problems except about 1 week ago.  I went to approve some messages
on our system (was 2.0.05) and when I clicked on the "Tend to pending
administrative requests" link, I get the "Were sorry we hit a bug
message".  I checked the error logs and I am getting "bad marshal data"
errors on the Hold.py and ListAdmin.py.

I updated to versio 2.0.13 because I saw some people fixed this problem by
doing this, but still get the same error.  I also rebuild the offending
database.

Here is the messages from the error logs:

Oct 02 12:55:02 2002 (3429) Delivery exception: bad marshal data
Oct 02 12:55:02 2002 (3429) Traceback (innermost last):
   File "/usr/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/HandlerAPI.py", line 82, in do_pipeline
     func(mlist, msg, msgdata)
   File "/usr/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py", line 159, in process
     hold_for_approval(mlist, msg, msgdata, NotExplicitlyAllowed)
   File "/usr/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py", line 218, in hold_for_approval
     mlist.HoldMessage(msg, reason, msgdata)
   File "/usr/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 145, in HoldMessage
     self.__opendb()
   File "/usr/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 69, in __opendb
     self.__db = marshal.load(fp)
ValueError: bad marshal data

This is a production system (redhat 7.1 with postfix) so, I need to get it
back functioning properly ASAP.  If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks.

--
Ken Carson
Heavy