[Mailman-Users] questions

Tenant tenant at tenant.net
Sat Nov 30 20:25:03 CET 2002

We're still using Mailman 2.0beta6 and it's been fine for out announce-only
list. We're also running Redhat 6.1.

But we're looking to upgrade to Redhat 7.3 or 8.0, and also to a newer
mailman, so I've got some questions that I hope some of the listmembers can
answer.

1. Just how close to being released is Mailman 2.1? It seems like it's been
forever.

2. Any difficulties with Mailman 2.1 when running Redhat 7.3 or 8.0? Can it
be installed on RH6.1 (is a newer python required?) We might get to Mailman
before we get to the OS upgrade.

3. Are there/will there be ways to minimize all those headers? Yes, I've
heard why they're there, but IMHO some are not necessary and they take up a
lot of room.

4. Will subscribers be able to ubsubscribe without passwords? This is the
largest complaint we get from subscribers.

5. How difficult is installation and are there compatability problems with
years of existing archives?

Thanks for any insights.
John Fisher
The Tenant Network(tm) for Residential Tenants
   TenantNet(tm):          http://tenant.net
   email:                  tenant at tenant.net
Information from TenantNet is from experienced non-attorney tenant
activists and is not considered legal advice.