[Mailman-Users] Announce-only lists?

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Nov 27 00:00:42 CET 2002

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 11:33, Sagi Bashari wrote:
> On 26/11/2002 09:57, Moz wrote:
>

> >Why not just add the script "from" address to the list of posters who
> >don't need approval? Or am I missing something obvious?
> >

> Because faking the 'From' header is easy.

That's correct, but do you think you'll have actual problems with this
on your list?  I suppose it depends on the type of list, audience, etc.
I think many people choose to approach this defensively -- if someone
does indeed fake the From: header, and manage to get a fake post
through, then they should be reported to their ISP, etc.  But I could
see how that would be unacceptable if you have a huge number of
subscribers and don't want to allow that one possibility.

--Jeremy