[Mailman-Users] forcing addition of "hostile address"

Christopher Kolar ckolar at imsa.edu
Mon Nov 25 16:31:31 CET 2002

Hello.  I am trying to add a person to a mail list and having some
problems.  Their organization runs some sort of bestial mail system where
the addresses are of the form:

         schmoe.j/bhs at dns.u99.k12.il.us

When I try to drop the address in through the mass subscribe screen I get
the following message from Mailman:

         * Joe Schmoe -- Hostile address (illegal characters)

My guess is that the / is getting parsed by Mm as an attempt to reference a
file (a la majordomo).  Is there a way to force the address onto the
subscriber list?  It is an actual valid address for delivery.

Thanks in advance,

--chris

Christopher G. Kolar
    Coordinator of Information Technology Integration
    Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy
  ckolar at imsa.edu  --
<http://staff.imsa.edu/~ckolar>staff.imsa.edu/~ckolar --  PGP Public Key
ID: 0xC6492C72
         Information literacy news, tools, and programs:
<mailto:infoliteracy-subscribe at iti.cnsnet.imsa.edu>infoliteracy-subscribe at iti.cnsnet.imsa.<mailto:infoliteracy-subscribe at iti.cnsnet.imsa.edu>edu