[Mailman-Users] Announce only list

Parker, David K dparker at ci.bryan.tx.us
Fri Nov 22 16:01:11 CET 2002

Hmmm, the lack of response on this one leads me to assume that announce only
lists are not a feature of Mailman. Short of modifying the default welcome
message and mangling every other lists welcome message, this is not doable.
Are there any developers monitoring this list? Are there plans to add this
type of functionality in the future? It would seem reasonable that one could
alter the entire contents of a welcome message for any given list without
affecting every other list. A default welcome should still be available but
allowed to be overridden entirely for a specific list.

I guess a workaround would be to take the unwanted verbage out of the
default welcome message then prepending appropriate text to the non announce
only lists.

Any other thoughts on this?

Thanks,
David