[Mailman-Users] Re: Migration questions (majordomo,MHonArc,Yahoo!Groups)

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Nov 22 05:11:36 CET 2002

    PLH> Does anyone have any data on the relative performance of
    PLH> MHonarc and Pipermail?  One thing I like about MHonarc is I
    PLH> can collect messages and process them in a batch.  For some
    PLH> of my busy lists, I process a batch every 5 minutes rather
    PLH> than processing messages as they are received.  I have not
    PLH> figured out how to do this with Pipermail.

You get this for free in Mailman 2.1, since it implements a separate
queue for the archiver.  By default, the archiver queue runner runs
once per minute, but it would take a very minor bit of source hacking
to make it run, say once every 5 minutes.

In Mailman/Queue/ArchRunner.py change

    class ArchRunner(Runner):
	QDIR = mm_cfg.ARCHQUEUE_DIR

    class ArchRunner(Runner):