[Mailman-Users] log and permission problems, again

fish fish at livingsky.net
Fri Nov 15 18:26:24 CET 2002

Hi all

I am sending this again, since my first post did not generate any replies.

I have installed Mailman (through the aid of Odhiambo Washington) on a
Debian system with exim as the mail program. This was done just before I
left for 13 days, and now I am getting some very large log files and am
getting the following error from my log watcher

Nov 13 11:02:01 livingsky CRON[15674]: Authentication service cannot
retrieve authentication info.

I believe that this is a qrunner / pam problem, but don't know how to fix it
and googling didn't really help. Can anyone here help out with this? Mailman
is set up as user list:list according to Debian protocol and this user is
present in both /etc/passwd and /etc/gpasswd and the cron.d/mailman file
which initiates qrunner is calling list as the user. Is there anything else
I can tell you to give you enough information to help, or can anyone help me
with this problem?

Robert Lydiate
icon at accesscomm.ca