[Mailman-Users] Rewriting the Date Sent field

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Nov 14 18:33:53 CET 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 12:03, Peter Bengtson wrote:
> Am I completely mistaken, or did there use to be a checkbox somewhere in
> the Mailman web admin GUI which if checked changed the time of messages
> distributed on a mailinglist to the time of distribution rather than the
> time the message was sent from the author?

Maybe you're thinking of the similar field in the archiving options?

In mailman 2.0.x, one of the Archival Options is "Set date in archive to
when the mail is claimed to have been sent, or to the time we resend
it?"

I don't believe there is a similar option for changing the messages
themselves.  This would have to alter the message's original headers,
something that is frowned upon.

--Jeremy