[Mailman-Users] installation difficulties

Kyle Rhorer rhorer at swbell.net
Thu Nov 14 16:09:06 CET 2002

On Wednesday 13 November 2002 21:48, Emil Volcheck wrote:
> Upgrading to Python 2.2.2 and Mailman 2.0.13 did the job.
>
> We also had to redo the aliases in /etc/postfix/mailinglist .

What I do on my boxes is put mailman's alias file in /var/mailman, along
with the rest of the mailman installation.  It is uid & gid mailman so
that I don't have any problems doing a bin/newlist -o, and it means I
can back up /var/mailman and have everything I would need if I had to
restore.  Another benefit is I can give someone else the mailman
password and they can do everything they would need to do without
giving them root access.

Kyle
--
Since the general civilizations of mankind, I believe there are more
instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual