[Mailman-Users] Probably stupid questions...

John M. Lockard jlockard at umich.edu
Tue Nov 12 21:52:57 CET 2002

I guess I tend to pay attention to the mailing list when I'm
having problems with something, but ignore the list when I'm
not.  That said, I also searched around the archives a little
and didn't see anything that really seems to be my problem.
So.....

First problem.
The docs state that mailmanctl can be used as the startup
script for mailman within the /etc/init.d structure, yet when
I copy mailmanctl to /etc/init.d/mailman and then do a
'mailman start'

and get:
[root at krusty init.d]# ./mailman start
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./mailman", line 100, in ?
    import paths
ImportError: No module named paths

Since paths.py(c) isn't in the current directory (/etc/init.d)
it doesn't find it, and since /usr/local/mailman/bin is not
likely in the python path, it doesn't find it there.  Is this
an easy fix?

Second problem.
After upgrading from Mailman 2.0.13 to 2.1b4 and using Python
2.2 (RedHat Linux 7.2), I can't seem to do anything on the web
portion of Mail man and am getting errors like:

Bug in Mailman version 2.1b4

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

If you would like to help us identify the problem, please email a copy of this page to the webmaster for this site with a description of what happened. Thanks!
Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman-2.1b4/scripts/driver", line 68, in run_main
    immediate=1)
  File "/usr/local/mailman-2.1b4/Mailman/Logging/StampedLogger.py", line 52, in __init__
    Logger.__init__(self, category, nofail, immediate)
  File "/usr/local/mailman-2.1b4/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 49, in __init__
    self.__get_f()
  File "/usr/local/mailman-2.1b4/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 68, in __get_f
    except codecs.LookupError:
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'LookupError'

--
--jlockard - "Friends help you move.
              Real friends help you move bodies." - unknown