[Mailman-Users] logging mysteriously stopped

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 12 22:58:31 CET 2002

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 11:30, Jon Carnes wrote:
> Check the volume size (amount of space available on the log volume), and
> check the permissions on the log files and the log directory.

I checked all those things before I came to the list.

> Also, it may be possible that the logs are being written elsewhere:
>   locate vette

Bingo! The old log files were in /var/mailman/logs, but the current logs
are being kept in /var/log/mailman. I have installed new mailman RPMS to
fix security problems a couple of times, but it never occurred to me
that Red Hat would have decided to move the log location.

Thanks for the hint.

--Greg