[Mailman-Users] Removing message(s) from List's Archives

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Nov 12 19:17:40 CET 2002

You have to edit the mbox file in the archives/private/<listname.mbox>
directory, then delete the old html based archive files and regenerate
the archives using the bin/arch utility that is included with Mailman.

Note: you should take your list off-line while doing this so that
nothing interferes with the rebuild of the archives.
===

Alternately (or until you have time to regenerate the archives), you can
simply delete the HTML link to the archived email from the html archive
files.

BTW: I'm sure this is in the FAQ (see the bottom of any of the lists
emails for the http address for the FAQ)

Good Luck