[Mailman-Users] Mailman problem

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Mon Nov 11 05:32:23 CET 2002

On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 13:17, Johnathon B. Allread - East Coast Computers
wrote:
> jeremyp at pobox.com wrote:
>
> >As far as I know, there's nothing in the output of
> > "newlist" that says alias-creation is optional. :-)
>
> Then again, nothing says to edit the file either.  It looks as if it
> just states alias information.

I understand your point.  It should say something like "You must now add
these aliases to your alias file" instead of just stating that they are
aliases.  Hopefully some developer-types are listening and could
consider rewording this in a future version?

> I am sure there is a way to change the
> script to edit the alias file automatically.  Nothing is impossible...

Given the multitudes of MTAs, locations of alias files, etc, I'm not
sure that's such a good idea.  But for sysadmin's who create a lot of
lists, it might be feasible to develop a script to do such on your own
system.  (The aliases are pretty formulaic anyway.)

Sorry for my snide-ness... but glad this got things fixed for you!

--Jeremy