[Mailman-Users] nested/umbrella lists

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Nov 9 01:44:49 CET 2002

If joe at blow.com sends a note to dave-test then dave-test will send that
note onto the sublists.  The sublists will see a note from joe at blow.com

If joe at blow.com is in "Addresses of members accepted for posting" then
the note will go through without moderation (if you have it setup that
way...)

Having dave-test as an "Addresses of members accepted for posting" is
not going to help joe at blow.com send mail to the sublist.

There isn't field in the 2.0.x series that does exactly what you want.
You want the opposite of the feature "Hold posts with header value
matching a specified regexp". You want to allow posts with header value:

Of course this would be fairly easy to program in, if you wanted to
modify the source. I would estimate that a Former Rocket Scientiest
could do it in about 4 hours!

On the otherhand, you could try out the feature "Hide the sender of a
message, replacing it with the list address (Removes From, Sender and
Reply-To fields)" on the dave-test list. Then see if the dave-test
sublists interpret that correctly as being From: dave-test at dom.ain

Good Luck -- Jon Carnes

======