[Mailman-Users] Switch to quarterly reminders

Satya satyap at satya.virtualave.net
Fri Nov 8 23:50:22 CET 2002

On Nov 8, 2002 at 10:44, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

[original poster said]
>>> Please consider switching the base code of mailman to send quarterly
>>> instead
>>> of monthly 'reminders' to subscribers.  As an avid subscriber of
>>> lists, it's
>>> annoying to get these messages every month, when every 3 or 6 months
>>> would
>>> suffice.

[Satya said]
>> You can change the cron setting.
[back to Chuq]
>I think he's saying that the default for mailman ought to be quarterly,
>and I got the impression he was speaking as a user, not an admin --
>someone who GETS all of those messages every month.

I read it the other way. Of course, if you change the default, you'll
get people wanting to change it back. You can't win. OP should contact
the local admin.

>Monthly is traditional, but I think it's worthy of some thought. With
>the List-* headers in the message, and the footer that traditionally
>points to the info pages (and with 2.1, that can be customized to the
>user), do we still need to send out reminders monthly?

I don't send them out at all, but that's just me. I don't have much
traffic, either.

--
Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>
I need a job!