[Mailman-Users] Removing messages unread

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Nov 7 19:23:24 CET 2002

First of all you need to delete all the queued up files for your list.
The FAQ 1.12 should indicate how to do that (it's in the script!). Then
there are a couple of things you can do:

- After you delete all the waiting queued up files run the web admindb
for your list, it will see that you have deleted all the waiting
requests and then dump the data out of your existing request.db file, or

-  Simply copy the request.db file from another list (with no current
requests) over your lists request.db.

There are some other clever hacks which you might want to investigate.
One is make the default for the admindb page be "Discard".  Then you
only have to wait for the page to finish opening and then you can click
on the Commit button to get rid of all the held requests.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes

======