[Mailman-Users] mailman/postfix suite

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Nov 7 15:52:23 CET 2002

> IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> '/var/lib/mailman/lists/testneo/config.db'
>
> What can i do ?
>
> Thanks
> Denis

How about checking the permissions on the file:
  /var/lib/mailman/lists/testneo/config.db

If your install uses the default user and group (mailman/mailman) then
the group owner for the file should be mailman with read and write
rights. Indeed every file and directory under ~mailman/.. should be
setup as such.

If that is not working, try setting up Others with read/write to file
and see if it works. I wouldn't leave it that way, but it would confirm
that you have a permissions problem and not something obscure!

Good Luck - Jon Carnes