[Mailman-Users] changing From: address on password reminders

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Nov 6 20:42:23 CET 2002

The reasoning behind sending the note from the main mailman user is that
Mailman attempts to send only one note to each email address and in that
note cover all local lists that the email is subscribed to.

So if a user is subscribed to 5 lists at your site, then person only
receives one note which alerts them to their status on all 5 lists.

You could comment out the cron job which runs mailpasswords  and write a
small script which mirrors the functionality of the mail-passwords
program.  Have that one send out monthly from your list-admin
addresses.  That would be fairly easy to construct.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes