[Mailman-Users] Base URL for virtualhosts... again!

John W Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Wed Nov 6 06:47:58 CET 2002

At 12:39 +0100 11/5/2002, Michael wrote:
>Second question: why did you remove the Base URL attached to each list
>from the web interface ?

If you could do a suitably fuzzy search of the older archives for "a list
admin set the Base URL wrong and we can't do anything" you would see lots
of posts about variations on that theme.  And the unpleasant means of
recovery particularly for those lacking heavy-duty access to the server.

It used to be much too easy to create havoc by making a faulty change.  Now
it's a little to hard to make a correct change.

Seemingly, no one has felt moved to create code that would vette an
attempted change and forestall the fatal errors.  I don't want to attempt
it.

  --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist at olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA