[Mailman-Users] Linux 7.3 and sendmail 8.x problem

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Nov 4 18:37:20 CET 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 11:00, John Wards wrote:

> Have you set up the cron jobs?
>
> What version are you using?
>
> Is their any files in ~mailman/qfiles
>
> John

If it's not the cron, then:
 - have you setup a smrsh link to the wrapper program (does your MTA use
smrsh)?
 - is your MTA listening on every port or on limited ports?
     netstat -na | grep ":25 "

Make sure that it accepts mail sent to localhost on port 25 (that means
also check out your local firewall rules!).

Have you looked at the log files for Mailman.  They might give you some
information on what is going on.

BTW: what the heck is "linux 7.3"?  Is that Red Hat Linux version 7.3?

Good Luck - Jon Carnes
===