[Mailman-Users] Help with Mac OS X Server (Jaguar) and Mailman?

Stephanie Mitchell stephani at cornbury.org
Mon Nov 4 07:30:20 CET 2002

Hello all:

Hope you can help with this. I'm a little lost, and his may not even
be a Mailman problem, but here goes.

I have Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) Server running AppleMailServer (for
regular mail) and sendmail (for Mailman). My problem is that all mail
to Mailman's lists is bounced with unknown user. I think AMS needs to
be shown how to forward this mail to sendmail so it can be processed
by Mailman. Sendmail has all the aliases defined (and newaliased) for
the lists.

Mail going out from Mailman (e.g. mass subscribe notices from the web
interface) works just fine.

By the way, special thanks to Kathleen Webb for her great
walk-through on the basic install. It works fine, except her
non-server system doesn't have AppleMailServer and sendmail is the
only mailserver involved.

Any ideas?
--
Stephanie Mitchell

For beautiful lips, speak words of kindness.