[Mailman-Users] Mailman version 2.1b4 problem

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Fri Nov 1 15:51:00 CET 2002

At 13:48 01/11/2002, Michael Smith wrote:
>I got this email today after installing 2.1b4 (which does work otherwise
>normally....)
>
>Subject: Cron <mailman at defiant> /usr/local/bin/python -S
>/home/mailman/cron/mailpasswds
>
>Site list is missing: mailman
>
>Any pointers?
>
>Regards,
>Mike

The INSTALL file in the MM 2.1b4 srouce distribution contains the following
instruction:

<quote>
     - Create a "site-wide" mailing list.  This is the one that
       password reminders will appear to come from.  Usually this
       should be the "mailman" mailing list, but if you need to change
       this, be sure to change the MAILMAN_SITE_LIST variable in
       mm_cfg.py (see below).

           % bin/newlist mailman

       Follow the prompts, and see the README file for more
       information.
</quote>