OFFTOPIC Re: [Mailman-Users] Archive URL in postings (2.1b3)

John Buttery john at io.com
Fri Nov 1 12:18:56 CET 2002

* J C Lawrence <claw at kanga.nu> [2002-11-01 01:38:16 -0800]:
> On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:35:01 -0600 John Buttery <john at io.com> wrote:
> > You're right about this, I hadn't fully thought things out before I
> > said that.  However, it doesn't solve the problem of not knowing
> > whether one of these list postings is the first of two duplicates, or
> > just a normal posting.
>
> Err, the one without the List-ID is the direct mail and the one with is
> the one via the list.

  Well, my point was that you would get one mailing with a List-ID:
header that you could assume was addressed to the list, but then you
wouldn't know if that was the only posting or if you should be expecting
another email, without a List-ID: header, as indicated by the presence
of your personal address in the To: field.

 John Buttery
                                     (Web page temporarily unavailable)