[Mailman-Users] Cannot subscribe to the list

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Fri May 31 11:58:27 CEST 2002

Subject: Cannot subscribe to the list

Hi!

I installed Mailman 2.0.11 with htdig patch on our server.

Check_perms is reporting no errors and I successfully created one test
list.

On this list subscribing, archives, searching .. everything works.

Afterwards I created several new lists, but after user send his
confirmation, the log/subscribe just shows pending request, although on
the admin there is no report of pending requests.

I've checked mail logs and everything is OK.

Also, logs/error is empty.

The only strange thing which I noted is that after I create some list,
the config.db file in e.g. lsits/test becomes owned by nobody:mailman.
(Apache is running as nobody).

On the test list whick works properly, config.db is mailman:mailman.

What is the reason that newly created lists are created as
nobody:mailman instead of mailman:mailman?

I believe it's the clue of the problem.

Sincerely,
Gour

ps. Cron is properly installed.