[Mailman-Users] New to Mailman -- Dropped messages to list owner's own email

Scott Courtney courtney at 4th.com
Thu May 30 14:05:28 CEST 2002

On Thursday 30 May 2002 01:11 am, Raquel Rice wrote:
> I like checking the easy stuff first.

Always a good policy. We've all been bitten in the backside by easy stuff that
got overlooked. :-)

> Have you subscribed your two
> main addresses to the lists?  Are those two addresses set to
> "nomail"?

Yes, they are subscribed, and they are not "nomail." I was certain of this
but in the interest of completeness I rechecked just now. Also, the "not metoo"
option is turned OFF for each address, meaning they *do* receive copies of
their own posts.

As a further bit of info, when a message is delivered to the list, the log
/var/log/maillog actually shows SMTP traffic outbound to each of my two main
addresses plus the separate test address. The test address is the only one
that receives it, though. My main addresses get only the one-byte messages
that appear to be just a bare linefeed or ^D character. Oh, and by the way,
my mailbox file's modification date gets touched.

Scott

--
Scott Courtney         | "I don't mind Microsoft making money. I mind them