[Mailman-Users] changing subscriber options

Ron Brogden rb at islandnet.com
Wed May 29 19:40:44 CEST 2002

On May 30, 2002 12:04 am, you wrote:
> You really need to take a look at Mailman's web UI. It does this and what
> you asked for in your previous message.

That is simply not true for my problem with changing user settings.  It may
be true for the admin password now that I think of it since I can hopefully
use the site password to log into the list and change it there (as long as
this remembers scope properly and doesn't change "my" password instead of the
lists).  I do not think that this was covered in the manual however.

As to my other question though. . .

Mailman's web interface lets you make changes to users onesies twosies via
one huge form with individual check boxes for every user (yuck).  This means
that for a list with more than a handful of subscribers you are doing one
hell of a lot of clicking and submitting.  In my case I am looking after the
listbox itself and it is simply not reasonable to expect that I should have
to click 1000+ checkboxes, another 34 clicks to go through each page, etc.
times the number of lists on the box just to perform basic administration.
Like I said, I do not want to get carpel tunnel syndrome just  from
performing standard mass administration duties in Mailman.

I *know* pretty much for a fact that there should be a way to achieve this
via "withlist" but as I am not sure what the specific properties are that
need to be changed or how to reference their methods, I am asking for help
here.

So again, if anyone can suggest how to *from the command line* adjust list
members options (so that it can be scripted), I would definitely appreciate
it.

Cheers,

Ron

Island Net AMT Solutions Group Inc.          Telephone:          250 383-0096
1412 Quadra Street                           Toll Free:        1 800 331-3055
Victoria, B.C.                               Fax:                250 383-6698
V8W 2L1                                      E-Mail:    support at islandnet.com
Canada                                       WWW:   http://www.islandnet.com/