[Mailman-Users] use mailman2.1b for newsletter only

pilsl at goldfisch.at pilsl at goldfisch.at
Sat May 25 01:54:56 CEST 2002

I just setup a list in mailman2.1b as a pure newsletter. So only very
few people should be able to send mails to this lists.

There are a few questions:

* as soon as somebody finds out this email-adresses, there is nothing
that prevents anyone from sending a mail with a faked sender that goes
out to all members of this list. What can I do againt this ?  I'd like
to have an option where also sending of messages to the list needs to
be confirmed by the sender.

Or is there any other way to gain more security here ?

* I restricted sending mails by just setting the mod-flag to all the
other members. Is there a better way ?

* How can I edit the last few lines that mailman adds to each sent
mail ? It says "xxxxxxx mailing list" and then the adress of the list
and I'd like to have it say only "xxxxxxx newsletter" there ...

thnx,
peter