[Mailman-Users] Mailing List problem - please help!!!

Athira athira at poornam.com
Mon May 20 11:36:10 CEST 2002

Hi,

      Could you please help. Users are unable to subscribe to our mailing
list ( Mailman version 2.0.8 ). The subscribe logs said

"May 19 21:24:57 2002 (7623) gh1test_gh1.com: pending athira at poornam.com
210.18.10.10
May 19 21:32:48 2002 (5828) gh1test_gh1.com: pending we_cares at hotmail.com
210.18.10.10
May 19 22:03:21 2002 (30305) gh1test_gh1.com: new davidw at burst.net
May 19 22:28:11 2002 (29420) gh1test_gh1.com: pending techs at poornam.com
210.18.10.10"

[The address shown as added in the logs was added via the backend using the
script add_members.] On filling the subscription form I am getting the
confirmation mail without any trouble. So I guess the mailowner script is
working fine. But on filling the subscription form and sending the
confirmation mail through front end, the pending list is coming up with no
from field in it.. All the pending subscription requests are looking
identical with absolutely no data to distinguish them. The
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/data/pending_subscriptions.db file does
contain the pending subscriber IDs. I compared the code of the scripts mailcmd and post with those in
another working server and couldn't find any difference between the two. The
permissions are set to 644 for the python scripts in
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/scripts and for those in bin it is set to
755 except for the paths.py and paths.pyc scripts which have a 644
permission. Also, those members who are already added are having trouble
posting the mails. I don't know what other data I could provide. Could you
please advise. Thank you.

Have a nice day.
regards,
Athira.