[Mailman-Users] mailman + htdig error/warning messages

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Mon May 20 15:46:14 CEST 2002

At 15:33 19/05/2002 -0500, Matt Shirel wrote:
>Sorry if this is off topic, but I'm not sure where else to look for answers
>since my use of HTDig is entirely Mailman driven...  Any
>thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
>
>When the nightly_htdig cron job runs, it generates the following message:
>
>DB2 problem...: /var/lib/htdig/db.metaphone.db: Permission denied
>DB2 problem...: /var/lib/htdig/db.soundex.db: Permission denied

If you are using the MM-htdig integration patch 444884 off sourceforge,
this is a 'feature'. Not a good one I'll grant you.

I'm just about to post a revised version of this MM-htdig patch for 2.0.10
(should be OK for 2.0.8 too), which should remove the feature.

In the interim I think you can get rid of it by setting permissions on the
htdig's default COMMON_DIR (see under the General:Configuration link on
http://htdig.org for further explanation) so that the mailman UID has write
permissions to that directory.

I'll let you know when the revised patch is posted.