[Mailman-Users] Can't subscribe to my lists

Neil Darlow neil at darlow.co.uk
Sun May 19 14:57:34 CEST 2002

Hi Ashley,

On Saturday 18 May 2002 23:04, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>     Did you configure your mailman crontab?

Yes. As it turned out, the Mailman installation itself was flawless. The
problem was with the sendmail aliases.

The aliases output by newlist resulted in the -request alias occupying the
full width of my screen. When I copied and pasted the aliases into my Mailman
aliases file this resulted in the -request and -owner aliases being merged.

It appears that under these circumstances, i.e. a malformed -request alias,
Mailman silently ignores anything sent via the alias.

It's all working happily now. Thank you.

Regards,
Neil Darlow M.Sc.
--
1024D/531F9048 1999-09-11 Neil Darlow <neil at darlow.co.uk>
GPG Fingerprint = 359D B8FF 6273 6C32 BEAA  43F9 E579 E24A 531F 9048