[Mailman-Users] unknown user test at blah.com

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sun May 19 00:12:32 CEST 2002

doyle wrote:

> May 16 12:59:56 watchdog postfix/local[9674]: CE86FCEBF:
> to=<test at watchdog.sytes.net>, relay=local, delay=1, status=bounced
> (unknown user: "test")
>
> I have set the mailman aliases and run newaliases.  I have also set the
> cron jobs.  Do I need to add a "test" user to my system that corresponds
> to the "test" list name?  I'm not quite sure where I need to go from here.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    No physical user needed, no.  I'm not sure how postfix handles aliases either, but it seems to me either the new aliases didn't take, or postfix is having some serious issues against you.

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130