[Mailman-Users] Can't subscribe to my lists

Neil Darlow neil at darlow.co.uk
Thu May 16 18:23:26 CEST 2002

Hi,

I'm attempting to use Mailman-2.0.10 with sendmail-8.11.6 on  FreeBSD-4.5.

I've installed Mailman from the FreeBSD ports collection and configured it as
per the INSTALL document.

I've checked that aliases exist for Mailman itself and my list and that a
crontab is in place.

My problem is as follows:

I can access my list's listinfo page and fill-out the subscription details.
Posting the subscription form e-mails a confirmation request to the
subscriber e-mail address and the list owner address.

Replying to the confirmation e-mail produces nothing. I would expect a
welcome message confirming my subscription but nothing is returned at all.

Checking the sendmail logs shows all e-mail transfers for the subscribe are
successful with DSNs of 2.0.0 and checking mailman's logs/error reveals no
errors while logs/smtp reveals two outgoing mail messages processed.
logs/subscribe shows the subscription as pending as does a dumpdb of the
data/pending_subscriptions.db file.

My list has been configured as not-externally-visible with member-only
posting, if that's any help.

It appears that the subscription process has been initiated but stalled for
some reason. There are no cron-related errors either.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted. Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to
the list.

Regards,
Neil Darlow M.Sc.
--
1024D/531F9048 1999-09-11 Neil Darlow <neil at darlow.co.uk>
GPG Fingerprint = 359D B8FF 6273 6C32 BEAA  43F9 E579 E24A 531F 9048