[Mailman-Users] Mailman question

Bob Weissman rlw at rlw.best.vwh.net
Sat May 18 22:08:52 CEST 2002

At 10:16 AM 5/18/02, Jon Heath wrote:
>I am a little confused on how to set up a read only mailing list.
>I would like my subscribe page to look like the options on this one:
>but currently it looks like this one:
>
>How do I get rid of the option "To post a message to all the list members,
>send email to Nutmegged at nutmegged. " in admin?...

You will have to hand-edit the list's copy of listinfo.html. You can do this from the web interface ("Edit the HTML for the public list pages") or from the shell using your favorite editor.

Warning: the indentation in this file is not always indicative of the actual HTML structure. Kind of strange, coming from a Python programmer. :-) Does anyone know of a pretty-printer which can reformat the indentation of an HTML file?

- Bob