[Mailman-Users] New user question

Timothy Murphy tim at maths.tcd.ie
Sat May 18 20:29:02 CEST 2002

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 05:24:26PM -0400, barry at zope.com wrote:

> This is probably a topic best reserved for mailman-developers.

This seems to me true of many, probably most,of the postings on this list.
As a simple criterion, I would prefer if issues that required one
to alter the existing software in some way --
and so normally required superuser privileges --
were passed to the developer list.

The list is getting so "heavy" that I will have to leave it soon.
Maybe I am in a small minority, in which case this will not matter to anyone else.
But possibly my view is a more general one?

I take the position of one who is "owner" of several lists,
but who is not concerned in any way with "system administrator" tasks.
If something cannot be done with the program as is,
I regard that as an act of God beyond my ken.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: tim at maths.tcd.ie
tel: 086-233 6090