[Mailman-Users] MySQL database?

Doug La Farge doug at holdit.com
Fri May 17 00:10:54 CEST 2002

I've just installed Mailman and am quite please at how easy it was to
get it up and running.  I now have two issues that I cannot seem to
find documentation on: 1) running Mailman for Virtual Hosts and 2)
using MySQL or data from MySQL to include in the mail list.

With a bit of time I can probably figure out the former issue.

The latter issue seems a bit more tricky for a variety of reasons.
In short, I have other functionality (CGI/mod_perl scripts) running
for virtual web hosts that allow users to input email address and
thus be "attached" to a mailing list.  I'd like to either a) use
MySLQ as the database for Mailman or b) pull those addresses from
MySQL and include them in the Mailman database for the mail list.
Both ideas have obvious caveats and pitfalls (how to sync an
un-subscribe request with MySQL if I use the original Mailman
database...).

Any ideas or leads are much appreciated.

--
-Doug