[Mailman-Users] is private mail being redirected here?

AerosmithFanClub.com List Admin listadmin at aerosmithfanclub.com
Tue May 14 18:26:25 CEST 2002

They are not one sided conversations.  The discussion was in reply to a
question that I asked on the list.  IMHO it is proper to continue posting
to the list.  In fact the undesired behavior is to take a list discussion
private.  Questions that are asked that relate to the general topic of the
list should stay there.  Most often if there is a question by one
subscriber then others on the list would have the same or similar
questions.  keeping the discussion on the list gives all subscribers
benefit of the answer, etc.

However if the reply one is giving is one that is an ad hominem matter then
the reply should not have been made in he first place,  It is not an issue
of whether it belongs on the list or not.  So your beef is with the folks
who choose not to answer a list post on the list, not with the people who
keep posts where they belong.

Thanks...