[Mailman-Users] Newbie - many questions and ideas but mostly how to kill the SPAM

Mike Noyes mhnoyes at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 14 18:18:31 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 09:05, Simon Waters wrote:
> Questions and Comments.
<snip>
> 3. Does better documentation on the regular expression handling
> exist, currently only one example is given for a "from:" header.
> Maybe I'm being thick, but regex regular expressions are pretty
> involved and depend on things like NLS, and I'm fairly sure that
> Mailman is doing a simplified versions. Or must I read the
> source?

Simon,
This information may help with you with Python re module questions.
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/re-syntax.html
http://py-howto.sourceforge.net/regex/regex.html

> 4. Does anywhere collect and share good anti-spam regular
> expressions ?

There is an re example in the Mailman FAQ 3.10.
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.010.htp

http://sourceforge.net/users/mhnoyes/
http://leaf-project.org/