[Mailman-Users] The moderation/SPAM queue

Eric A. Meyer eric at meyerweb.com
Tue May 14 01:10:18 CEST 2002

At 16:49 -0600 5/13/02, Mike Avery wrote:

>However, any list that has any real presence will be
>subjected to any number of attacks.  Once the email
>address is known, spammers will try to send to it.

    Boy, isn't that the truth.  Which reminds me, I was wondering if
there are any thoughts of allowing for a "condensed view" of the
messages that have lodged in the spam filter?  Something like a table
that shows the subject, sender, the reason the message got caught,
and the options available (Approve, Reject, etc.).  That would make
clearing out actual spam sent to active lists a lot simpler.
    Note that I'm looking for this option in an environment where I
can't hack the source code or data files of Mailman; in other words,
I'm looking for a planned addition to the Web interface.  I'd be
happy to mock up what kind of layout I was envisioning, if that would
be helpful.

--
Eric A. Meyer (eric at meyerweb.com) http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/
Author, "Cascading Style Sheets: The Definitive Guide" and