[Mailman-Users] New High Performance Installation

Jamie Penner jpenner at v3.ca
Mon May 13 21:58:22 CEST 2002

Hello list!

We've recently taken on a new client who has a very heavy list.    I am
wondering if anyone can shed some feedback on whether MailMan is the right
answer for this!   (the client is currently using ezmlm but I am trying to
move away from that)

The list volume is approx 400,000 emails daily.   Twice a month, this will
jump to 700,000 a day.    These will be html and text messages - outgoing only.

The hardware that this will run on is:

PIII 1.3Ghz dual CPU (512KB L2 cache), 512MB PC133 ECC Registered
(1x512), 2x18GB Ultra160 10000rpm (RAID 1 configuration), 32MB cache
high-performance
Mylex AcceleRAID controller (A170), Tyan Thunder LE-T S2518UNG (Intel
ServerWorks
ServerSet III chipset), CD-ROM drive, dual 100Mb/s FE, VGA, Dual-channel
Adaptec
Ultra160 SCSI controller, 400W power supply

Is anyone familiar with a MailMan installation doing this type of volume or
does anyone have any advice on this install.

Thanks in advance!