[Mailman-Users] personalized To-Header

Norbert Bollow nb at thinkcoach.com
Mon May 13 21:38:59 CEST 2002

> > > When we send out a newsletter, the To-Header is the mailadress of the
> > > list. It would be nice if the To-Header would be the adress of the
> > > actual recipient, but I dont know if this is possible.
> >
> > It's possible with Qmail and the qmail-verh patch (see
> > http://mailman.cis.to/qmail-verh/ for details) and a minor
> > modification to Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py
> >

> thnx,
> any idea for sendmail ?

Unless you're willing to give a separate message to sendmail for
each recipient (which is inefficient and dangerous - with big
lists you might run out of disk space on the partition with the
mailqueue) there's no straightforward way to do it with
sendmail.  Before switching to Qmail I had a careful look
at the sendmail source code to see whether I could hack it to do
this kind of thing, and decided aginst trying to do it with
sendmail.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A founder of the http://DotGNU.org project and Steering Committee member