[Mailman-Users] New user question

AerosmithFanClub.com List Admin listadmin at aerosmithfanclub.com
Sun May 12 03:36:11 CEST 2002

	Well damn that sucks.  This is one of the areas of this program that
whoever wrote it got just a little too anal.  It is JUST a mailing
list.  Heck I ran a list under Majordomo for 8 years w/o a single spam
coming across the list and no one getting unsubscribed without them doing
it themselves.  That is a great product.  It is very easy to use and
nowhere near as complicated and cumbersome as Mailman.  I had to change
because my host changed server packages and they only use Mailman now.
	My suggestion is to make this a LOT simpler and do away with all the
levels of control and protection.  Its way overkill.  The simplicity of
using plain old email to subscribe and/or unsubscribe is much preferred
over the web interface and passwords.  On top of that all those damn extra
headers that are added to each email are a total pain.  If you (whoever you
are) would make it so that each list could be configured the way he list
master wants rather than force certain methodologies on us would greatly be
appreciated.

Thanks...