[Mailman-Users] bounce processing

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vt.edu
Fri May 10 21:17:32 CEST 2002

At 10:33 PM 5/9/02 -0400, Kevin Crawford wrote:
>Not sure I understand how the bounce proc works...
>I have a test list going - sending posts to it - since a few days ago -
>maybe just 5 per day or so
>
>I subscribed a test user, non existant one...it has about15 bounces to it -
>and still going...
>I would like fatal bounces to stop on the 3rd try - no logic - as this is a
>low volume information only list. Any tricks I can use? or something I could
>be doing wrong...

I don't remember the differences in the rules and when they changed, but, basically,
it has to bounce consistently for a period of time before mailman gives up, even if it's
getting hard bounces (the hard bounces just accumulate faster).  In 2.1 you have to
score N points before the account will be disabled, but you can't score more than
1 point a day.