[Mailman-Users] New user question

AerosmithFanClub.com List Admin listadmin at aerosmithfanclub.com
Fri May 10 07:57:28 CEST 2002

I have a few questions about MM.  Lets start with the whole password thing.

First I like the software but it really is way over kill in the area of
complication.  For example the whole idea of passwords for each user is
really (in many cases) totally unnecessary.  My users don't want to have to
keep track of a password nor do they want to get these daily emails about
the.  I see that you can specify a password (at least I think you can) when
you subscribe.  I set up mailto links for users to subscribe and set the
password in the subscribe email.  Problem is that I have about 200 users I
need to add.  I go into the admin control panel to subscribe them all and
use the "foo at bar.com password" syntax but it looks like that the admin
interface does not accept the password parameter.  is there a way to simply
turn OFF the whole password thing or have it default to the list name for
all users?

Thanks,
Aero