[Mailman-Users] Version 2.1

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vt.edu
Wed May 8 17:13:38 CEST 2002

At 02:47 PM 5/6/02 +0100, Esther Pulido wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I have Mailman last stable version (2.0.9) installed, because it is important
>for me to maintain the list services, but I need some caracteristics already
>included in the current development release 2.1.

If you're especially concerned about stability and production, upgrade to .10.
9 and 10 only came out because obscure bugs that could, in specific circumstances,
cause loss of mail were discovered.

> I would like to know if you have an estimated date for version 2.1 being
>stable.

No particular date has been set, however, 2.1b2+ is in use at several largish sites now,
and has had all the easy to find problems wrung out of it.  I'm using it on my site extensively,
and have been for some time, and the mailman lists themselves just flipped over.
If you need the features, you wouldn't be crazy to go ahead and put it into production; if you
do that, however, keep up with the CVS updates.