[Mailman-Users] Emails Dissapearing

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon May 6 19:48:52 CEST 2002

Loki wrote:

> However, one problem.. After running bin/newlist and
> creating a new mailing list. I send email to the list and unfortunately
> get no ERRORS, the email gets sent according to logs, but dissapears. I
> have no idea what is happening to it, or where its getting lost. Please
> advise. SYSLOG is not reporting ANY errors and mailq shows empty.

    Did you install the crontab?  Mail sitting in mailman's queue will not show
up in 'mailq' (which is the mailer queue, not mailman's).  So, while your
mailer reports the message sent, mailman receives it and does absolutely
nothing with it unless you have qrunner running.  And qrunner gets invoked by
cron.  Check your crontab.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.