[Mailman-Users] Web/HTML Archives not generated

Dave Weiner davew at coyotetechnical.com
Sat May 4 06:21:09 CEST 2002

I'm having a problem with a MM 2.0.10 installation.  It's not generating
the Web/HTML archives for any list.

System:

MM 2.0.10
Python 2.2
Red Hat Linux 7.1

The lists are configured to archive posts.  When going to the archive
page, users are getting the

"The List Archives

You can get more information about this list or you can download the
full raw archive ( 161 KB ).

Currently, there are no archives."

page.

Diagnostics/What I've tried:

Messages *ARE* being added to archives/private/list.mbox/list.mbox.
I've checked and double checked.  New messages are definately being
added to the mbox file.

bin/check_perms reports no problems found

Nothing shows up in the error log

Running bin/arch list doesn't generate the web/html archives

I've tried recompiling and rebuilding MM, but it didn't make a
difference.

I've searched the FAQ and the list archives.  No mention of this problem
in any of the FAQ's, and I didn't find any real answers to the problem
in the list archives.

I'm stumped.  Does anybody have any idea what the problem is?  Does
anybody have any suggestions on what else I might try or how to fix the
problem?

TIA,

Dave